Saturday, February 04, 2006

Blurred Vision

Saturday morning, the world outside looks as grey and foggy as my brain feels... Unfortunately, I can punish my body in any number of ways - you name it: whisky; Chinese takeaways riddled with red hot chilli peppers; listening to Meat Loaf's "Bat Out of Hell" - but my mind will, without exception, snap my body out of it's recuperative slumber at 7:30am each weekend. A good opportunity to detox, go for a jog, cleanse the mind and body, you might think. Instead, I'm on my third mug of green tea and staring at my PC through rheumy eyes, whilst regretting the fact that I'm out of cigarettes. And Jeff Buckley's "Grace" is about to bring tears to my eyes. Life is sweet... Posted by Picasa

2 Comments:

Blogger Atom Boy said...

It's not quite the same over here. Winter mornings are, almost with fail, clear and bright. It makes it kind of hard to wallow in your hangover. You might think that I'd be guzzling green too but some things never change. It's still teaspoon-standing-straight-in-the-mug coffee for me and my brain refuses to function without it. And as much as I love "Grace", it's not one of those albums that I can listen to at 7.30 in the morning!

3:31 am  
Blogger Khayem said...

I'd agree with your point that "Grace" is not suitable 'wake up' music. However, the only alternative CDs to hand at that time were "Incontinent" by Fad Gadget and The Smashing Pumpkins' "Best Of", so I think I made the right choice under the circumstances...!

6:59 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home